Mary B. ("Mollie") Dawson (1853-1933) was the principal of the first public school in South Austin, which was established in 1886 on South Congress. That school today is known as Fulmore Middle School. Mollie Dawson was educated at the State Normal College in Huntsville. Honoring Miss Dawson's service to education in Austin, the elementary school on South 1st Street near Terrell Hill is named Mollie Dawson Elementary.